SCEN Looking Ahead
14 February 2014
NETWORK MEETING OF SCEN
Friday 7 March 2014
12.30 pm Lunch - 1.30 - 3.30 pm - Meeting
The Meeting will take place at Lasswade High School, 11 Eskdale Drive, Bonnyrigg, Midlothian, EH19 2LA. Plenty of parking freely available!
The Teaching, Learning and Assessment of Chinese in Scotland
- Presentation by Jim Scott, Member of SCEN Executive Committee and SCEN Board, former Headteacher of Perth High School (Confucius Hub, Perth and Kinross) and doctoral researcher at the University of Dundee on his research on the governance of modern languages.
- General Discussion on The Teaching and Learning of Chinese
- Peter Billington, Member of the SCEN Board, Depute Headteacher, Queen Anne High School, Dunfermline (Confucius Hub, Fife) on qualifications in Chinese; comments by Stuart Main, QAHS S6 and SCEN Youth Committee
- General Discussion on The Assessment of Chinese
- Liam Clague, SCEN Ambassador and Member of Youth Committee, University of Edinburgh: Learning Chinese: from School to University
- Updates from Members on Developments in Hubs and Schools
- General Discussion on Fund-raising to support China links
This will be an important meeting! As they say, 'policy makers and key influencers' will be present! Do let me know if you wish to make a particular contribution. Very importantly, please book your place (if you have not already done so) by emailing us NOW.
DATES FOR YOUR DIARY
Do put these dates in your diary now. Remember that an early indication of interest leads to priority booking, so often required for SCEN events!
University of Aberdeen, SCEN, NE Hub Conference: at the University of Aberdeen: Friday 20 June 2014
SCEN Event: the afternoon of Monday 29 September 2014
TO FOLLOW: DATES FOR:
China Day at Edinburgh Zoo (probably May 2014)
SCEN Early Learning of Chinese Project Conference, with East Lothian Council and the University of Edinburgh, June 2014
RICEFIELD CHINESE ARTS AND CULTURAL CENTRE, GLASGOW
It has a very interesting programme and it is looking for new partners and projects, so do explore its website: